Eva is running to represent working people in Congress, not corporations.
Eva Putzova (/ˈe/ /vä/ /ˈpüt/ /zō/ /ˈvä/) was born and raised in Slovakia and made Flagstaff, Arizona her home in 2000. She started her professional career in the renewable energy sector and, in 2003, began working in higher education.
In addition to earning her master’s degree from the University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovakia, Eva completed leadership programs at Harvard University and Cornell University. In 2015, she received an Arizona Woman of Vision Award from the Arizona Women’s Conference and in 2017, the Eleanor Roosevelt Award given annually by the Coconino County Democratic Party for demonstrating democratic values in her service to the community.
Eva was elected to the Flagstaff City Council in November 2014 to a four-year term and was instrumental in:
- increasing the minimum wage to $15.50 per hour
- initiating the City’s first Climate Action Plan
- leading efforts to pass a resolution for Indigenous People’s Day
- approving Flagstaff’s (and Arizona’s) first paid parental leave policy
- passing a resolution to call on Congress to permanently address the legal status of DREAMers and pass comprehensive immigration reform with a clearly defined path to citizenship
- opposing uranium mining and the transportation of the uranium ore and reaffirming Flagstaff as a nuclear free zone.
During her 14-year tenure at Northern Arizona University she held a number of positions, including Director of Strategic Planning and Executive Director for Marketing and Strategic Communications. Until recently, she was a National Communications and Technology Director for Restaurant Opportunities Centers United, working to raise wages and improve working conditions for the country’s 13 million restaurant workers.
As a policymaker she consistently put people first, and she intends to bring that perspective into Congress. While valuing fairness, inclusion, justice, peace, and democracy, she will champion universal healthcare, tuition-free college, immigration overhaul, and meaningful climate action through proposals like the Green New Deal and Indigenous rights, women’s reproductive rights, and workers’ rights. She will also raise a strong voice against the never-ending wars that cost thousands of lives, bankrupt our economy and make us less safe.
We will win because of you.
Check all options you’re interested in and we’ll provide details for each once we know you’re in.